Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Playing With Dolls...Model Horse Scale Dolls, That Is...

Yeah, I know the title is kind of long, but I wanted anyone to read it to know what I was talking about and not think I meant something like this...
Although I played with plenty of those when I was younger.  I had a Baby Alive and a couple of Cabbage Patch Kids.  No, I'm talking model horse scale dolls.  This is the "long awaited" 2nd part to "Expectation vs Reality".  This is what I was researching when I ended up splitting it into two different posts.  This won't be as detailed as the other one, though, because this is mostly filled with fun photos, not necessarily ones taken for a photo show, but rather just because you wanted to have fun with your model horses and rider dolls.

I've been putting this post off until I could dig up my dolls and take some pictures, but they're a little difficult to get to at the moment and if I wait until I finally get to them AND take pictures, too much time may have passed.  It may be next year.  Who knows?  Well, I'm hoping it won't be that long, but "next year" is only a couple of months away.  Anyway, in not waiting for that I actually came up with a couple of post ideas for the dolls.  Surprised?  You shouldn't be.  hahaha.  But I'm keeping that a secret until I'm ready to post the first one.

I do have a couple of my own photos to start us off with, though... Let me see if I can remember the reasoning for them...why I took the pictures to begin with...Okay.  I can't remember and I can't find the post in my old blog where I originally posted the photos.  There are too many posts to go through and not enough time.  And yes, I know I shared these two photos in an earlier post, but they still give me a chuckle...
In the first photo, sisters Taylor (on the right) and Jackie thought it would be funny in they terrorized the dogs at the barn because it was too muddy outside to ride and they were bored.  Taylor is old enough to know better, but she got caught up in Jackie's youthful obnoxiousness.  The duo chased the dogs and cat around the barn for quite some time before eventually growing tired and meeting up with their friend Erica.  That's when things got real.  The dogs and cat come to get their payback and they've brought friends...

It's not so funny now, is it, girls?  Maybe next time you'll think twice before you chase the animals around the barn because you never know when they might bring in...A KOALA!!!!!!!!!!!!   Erica didn't do anything wrong, she was just there when the pack showed up so it's guilt by association, I guess.  Hopefully they learned their lesson.

So.  I found all sorts of types of photos of playing with dolls when doing research, but not as many as I had hoped, but that's okay.  They range from realistic...

To funny...
I just love the drama this photo conveys
And variations in-between...
Who knew Jean-Luc Picard showed Saddlebred horses?
The ones with Jose (last 4) are probably my favorites.  He is owned by Jennifer Buxton of Braymere Saddlery and I always love it when she does a blog post featuring Jose.  They're always good for a laugh.  The George Morris doll is also hers.  I don't know where she got some of her props, but I would love to find out.  I found some golf carts, but I don't think they're the right size.  I think I have the imagination to create funny scenes like that, but I lack the supplies or knowledge on where to get them.  If anyone knows, please tell me!  Please.  Jennifer shouldn't be the one having all the fun.  hahahaha.  But yeah, I still need access to my dolls in order to do anything and all of mine are female.  For some reason, I have an aversion to buying male dolls.  Why?  I wish I knew.

So, question of the day...if you could create any scene with dolls and models or just the dolls...and you had all of the materials you needed to do it, what would the scene look like?

2 comments:

  1. shannon here! i think i'd like to do a scene with guys and gals round a campfire at dusk with tents, trucks, trailers, and horses of course! i'd also like to do a scene of trail riding if it would be possible to get the right scale of trees in the background...Those pix you demonstrated from Jennifer and others are really cute and really funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both of your scene ideas. They sound really cool.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...