Monday, September 23, 2019

Plastic Pony Project Pt 1...

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I heard the sound of a commercial airplane flying over our house.  As we live about 2 miles, as the crow flies, from a major international airport, I see planes flying by the house all the time.  What they don't usually do is fly over the house.  Unless, that is, the weather is bad.  And, after the sound of the plane had receded, I heard it.  The rain.  The weather forecasters had actually been right for a change.  They said there was a chance for a storm last night and while I don't know what time it hit, judging from the amount of water on the drive in this morning, it had been raining for quite awhile.  It had possibly started before midnight, which would technically make it still Sunday and accurate for the weather forecast.

And there was a lot of water.  Driving into work this morning had not been fun.  The rain wasn't coming down very hard, except in a couple of spots, but the accumulation in the roadway is what was the difficult part.  For the most part, the areas I drive through to get to work have good drainage, but when there's a lot of rain in a short amount of time, the gutters get clogged up with debris and so the streets flood.  The street in my neighborhood, I've only seen flood this much once or twice before in the almost 20 years I've lived there, but the area where it got really dicey, I've never seen that much standing water.  I was driving on a road with 3 lanes going in each direction and I was in the middle lane.  I had no idea there was that much water until I was hit by a wall of water that literally blinded me.  I drive a relatively small car and there was a pick-up truck on my right and a slightly larger car to my left so I got hit from both sides.  I couldn't see anything except water.  I slowed down as much as I dared because I couldn't see where the other cars were nor could I see the lane lines in the road.  I'm guessing the truck next to me couldn't either because when we finally came through, he was partly in my lane and stayed there for several hundred feet until hurrying over to make a right turn.  I would like to think he wasn't aware of the situation he'd put us both in, but who knows?  Fortunately, I got to work in one piece and without crashing.

So, onto my Plastic Pony Project.  My collection is a mess.  No two ways about it.  I have horses everywhere.  I have ones on shelves that seems to be buried in dust... (the SM to the far right)
and models not entirely all standing upright because of the dreaded domino effect (affect?  lol)...
Oh yeah.  And there's also a cobra cozying up to some of them.  hahahaha.  I have random Stablemate sets hanging out in random boxes...
and random models just lying around in random places...
"Boba Fett" actually has a place on a shelf, but I can't reach the spot without a grabber thingy and I can't find my grabber thingy to put him back.

Finally, I have a bunch of yellow boxes in a bunch of different places that contain horses still needing to be unboxed and put somewhere...

I have become a baaaaaaad collector.  I used to be one of those types who would unbox a model shortly after getting it and put it on a shelf to admire.  Then I became an "Any Flat Surface" type.  I'd still unbox the model, but I'd put it wherever there was room.  Now, I just try to find room for the box.  I don't know how it happened and I don't like that it happened, but it has.  And not a day goes by where I don't look at the messy shelves and the scattered yellow boxes and say to myself I need to fix things.  Every time I get a few days off from work and most weekends I say I'm going to fix it.  Get my collection back in order, but I never do.  And then I get more models and the cycle just continues.  I need help.  I need to break the cycle, but I don't know how.  Where do I begin?  That's why this post is being titled "Part 1".  I'm hoping to get started on the mess and post progress photos in the future.  I guess we shall see, huh?

Today's question:  What does your collection look like?  Is it nice and neat, all your models on shelves or is a "mess" with models everywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...