Friday, June 11, 2021

Janice Cox / Identify Your Breyer

 You know me…I always try to keep my blog posts fun and upbeat.  It’s why I don’t talk politics and have mostly not spoken of the virus.  I also try not to speak negatively about other hobbyists because I want people to enjoy the time they choose to spend here.  Unfortunately, I don’t want this to go by unacknowledged because it pertains to someone in the hobby and a resource many of us use.  I know I do.

The resource is called Identify Your Breyer and it’s managed / owned by Janice Cox.  The website is a wealth of information about model horses and the models, both equine and non-equine, as well as collector events and many other things affiliated with the hobby.  I have used it more times than I can count and will continue to do so as it’s really the only resource, that is current, we have for finding what models were made on the different molds.

Recently on Blab, a couple of people noticed Janice hadn’t posted in awhile nor had the website been updated.  Several people said they had sent her submissions but hadn’t gotten a response.  Wednesday  we found out from a local friend of hers that she was in the hospital in ICU.  We all wished her well and a speedy recovery.  I remember her mentioning in the past that she had medical issues but she didn’t say what they were that I remember.  Today we got an update that, sadly, Janice had passed away last night.  Obviously not the outcome we were hoping for.

I try to include a photo in every post, but I don’t feel like that would be appropriate here and I wouldn’t even know what kind of photo to use.  I’m not even going to sign off like I normally do.  I’m just going to ask you to keep a thought for Janice’s family and friends during this difficult time.  

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Brenda for acknowledging Janice’s passing. It has been quite a shock for the model horse hobby. It must hit close to home for you since you have been struggling with health issues as well. Your absence on Blab & this blog was noticed & many asked about you. The hobby is large & diverse but when our friends are absent it’s noticed & everyone is concerned. So glad you are better & have returned to posting & offering your insights. Model horse hobbyists do not always agree with each other but we do value our friends & fellow hobbyists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. I only hope I did her justice. Many people lost a friend and the hobby lost a great asset as well as a great person. It’s nice knowing people were concerned about me when I was unable to post and struggled with the ability to do it as I slowly regained my strength and was able to use my left arm again. Thank you for for that and your continued support and well-wishes.

      Delete
  2. So i was thinking of Miss Janice today...Because i have another friend suffering ill health and may not make it through the week. Sigh. Thank you, Brenda, for writing about Janice. i am sorry i am so late in contributing. A supporting and loving man helped me to save data from Janice's site. i surely hope someone can pick up the torch for her, but she will be missed. Thank you again, Brenda. You are such a kind and thoughtful person. (aka shan)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...