Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Sassy ---- Breyer Collector Club Exclusive

A feisty gal who lives up to her name, Sassy is the perfect mare to add to your herd this fall!  This appaloosa Sport Horse has a fantastic varnish chestnut appaloosa coat that is reminiscent of the red and brown hues of the autumn leaves.  To finish off her look, this lively is topped with a high gloss finish.


 Hmmm...what do I have to say about her?  It's not a mold I actively conga, although I do have a couple (3 or 4?) in my collection.  I do like the semi-leopard appaloosa pattern, but the dark front that morphs into the lighter body kind of looks a bit off to me.  The price is nice, that's for sure.  Am I going to buy one?  Maybe.  I think I will take a couple of days to think about it. What do you think about her?

She seems to be pretty popular from what I've seen on Blab.  Nobody is saying they aren't ordering it because they don't like her, but rather because they don't have the money at the moment.  Only a couple of people have said they like that she's glossy.  That part has no bearing on whether or not I'd buy her, although I know it does influence others.

For the last couple of months I've been thinking of having a photo show.  Just one for fun, no big pressure.  But it seems like the "market" is being saturated with photo shows and some with some fancy prizes so I think I'm going to shelve the idea.  I remember having photo shows back in the 1990s where people would mail in their photos.  Those were fun.  I would like to have a mail-in show so I could be drowning in photos of model horses, but when the show was over I would have to get to the post office to mail all the photos back to their respective owners.  Online would probably be easier, but I can't compete with Anne Fields, Mares In Black, MEPSA.  They're all getting great prizes donated.  Who would want to waste time with a fun show with okay prizes?  I know I'm sounding whiney and I don't mean to, but it's a bit disheartening, for lack of a better word, when you have no place in the hobby.  Nobody knows who you are.  I started a thread on Blab asking for ideas on how to advertise and also to feel out the interest and I got ONE response.  <sigh>

Okay.  I'm done feeling sorry for myself.  hahahaha.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I know I said I was going to be better about blogging, but there hasn't been much going on and there's only so many times I can post about Jake the Farrier and Family.  Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...